God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Saturday, 30 January 2016

TSSF Update.



In a previous post I explained that my future with TSSF was under scrutiny and a decision was to be made whether I was to be allowed to go forward for Profession.

The meeting originally planned for November was cancelled at the last minute due to illness and so did not reconvene until this last week.

As expected, it 'was agreed' that I am "not suitable" to be nominated to go forward for Profession for  a variety of reasons , some of which were outlined in the previous post.

It appears that I am "unconventional" and as a result of this non conformity I "do not fit in"  and none one "knows what to do with me"....all these statements I agree with incidentally.

It is though, rather ironic, that our new Area Novice Guardian had sent out an edict (see previous post..again!) in which we were not to be seen as 'community' but more as 'individuals'.    
So what happens when I am an 'individual'?

Their decision, though expected, makes me sad that I am seen as an 'inconvenience' rather than an eccentric old lady.

Will continue being the Franciscan that I have always been, there is really no need for the official 'title'.  I am not a 'perfect' Franciscan, just as I am not a 'perfect' Christian...who is anyway?


Pax et Bonum

No comments:

Post a Comment